Thursday, March 25, 2010

Common Core Standards Prezi

I recently came across this Prezi by Eric Bateman about the Common Core Standards. I thought Eric did a good job emphasizing the 21st Century Skills embedded within the standards and wanted to share what he put together here. (With his much appreciated permission.)

Additionally, he added this note in his email to me: I tried to focus on the parts of the 300+ page document (with appendixes) that I thought best aligned with the Standards for the 21st-Century Learner. You could probably make the case that whole document emphasizes 21st-Century Skills, but I tried to hit the highlights.

You are probably already aware, but NYSED has put together a toolkit for the draft documents under consideration -- http://www.emsc.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/home.html. If they stick to the original timeline, they could be adopted by the Regents as early as July 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment